ITV releases statement on Britain’s Got Talent as fans question “why” after the show is pulled from the schedule.

Simon Cowell will return for the next episode of Britain's Got Talent in a week's time

Britain’s Got Talent fans were frustrated as it was confirmed the show will not air tonight. The ITV talent show aims to find the country’s next superstar to perform at the Royal Variety.

Fans were delighted when the show, hosted by Ant & Dec, returned to our screens last month. Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and Bruno Tonioli have returned as judges as they hoped to find another new talent to turn into a star.

YouTube star KSI has also been back as guest judge as he has stepped in for former Strictly Come Dancing judge Bruno on three of the audition days. However, fans hoping to get their Britain’s Got Talent fix tonight will be disappointed as the show is set for a week’s break.

ITV has altered their schedule due to the Six Nations Rugby coverage as France take on Scotland. A statement on the official Britain’s Got Talent X page confirmed break.

It said: “Still recovering from tonight’s UNREAL talent! We’ll be taking a short break next week, but we have even more comin’ your way when #BGT continues SATURDAY 22nd MARCH (that’s the week after next!) at 7pm.”

‌Fans following the show last week were disappointed with the schedule change. Sue said: “Dont tell me its been taking off for rugby next week”

Jay posted: “Why can’t it be on ITV4?” Last week’s episode saw a dramatic stunt almost go wrong as yoga instructor Kranthi Drillman took to the stage after travelling from India.

At the start of his act, Kranthi immediately left the judges and audience surprised as he began breaking coconuts and melons with various body parts. The judges are often used by contestants as part of acts, if they need an extra pair of hands.

We usually see judges involved in magic acts buts on Saturday’s episode Simon Cowell found himself as part of a chaotic act. As he made his way to the stage, the music mogul said “Oh, not again” as co-judge Alesha showed concern as she said “I don’t think he should do it.”

The stage was extremely slippery before Simon joined the act, following the fruit that had been destroyed by the performer. This prompted a crew member to check in on the welfare of Simon as he warned him of the slippery surface.

Kranthi placed a blindfold over Simon’s eyes as he attempted to smash a group of watermelons with a mallet while the talent show judge lay flat on his back in the middle. Amanda Holden jumped out of her chair as the other judges were reluctant to watch.

Realising the danger that surrounded him, Simon shouted: “That’s it!” before a crew member rushed on stage to safely escort Simon away from the mallet.

After the performance, Simon admitted: “I didn’t know he was going to do that! That’s the scariest thing, I swear to god, I’ve ever done.”

On X formerly known as Twitter, fans rushed to give their verdict on the bizarre performance. One fan wrote “That’s was terrifying it’s wasn’t for me it’s was just full of chaos. #BGT” another confused fan posted “WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST WITNESS!!!!”

Other fans wrote “Simon was brave great act and chaos” and “Absolutely terrified my 8 year old daughter. Poor child was crying her eyes out. Started fun enough but that was insane!”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *